The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

Bertrand Russel

Monday, June 3, 2013

I hold my Breath and close my Eyes


Some nights stay up till dawn,  as the moon sometimes does for the sun.  Be a full bucket pulled up the dark way  of a well, then lifted out into light. ― Rumi



Where the river runs black
I take the schoolbooks from your pack

Plastics, wire and your kiss

The breath of eternity on your lips


In the crowded marketplace

I drift from face to face

I hold my breath and close my eyes

I hold my breath and close my eyes

And I wait for paradise
And I wait for paradise


The Virginia hills have gone to brown
Another day another sun going down

I visit you in another dream

I visit you in another dream


I reach and feel your hair

Your smell lingers in the air

I brush your cheek with my fingertips

I taste the void upon your lips

And I wait for paradise
And I wait for paradise


I search for you on the other side
Where the river runs clean and wide

Up to my heart the waters rise
Up to my heart the waters rise


I sink 'neath the water cool and clear
Drifting down, I disappear

I see you on the other side
I search for the peace in your eyes
But they're as empty as paradise
They're as empty as paradise


I break above the waves

I feel the sun upon my face