The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

Bertrand Russel

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Compilation of the Heart - Bookmark: So (little) it is?

...if one day you come back, I'll be waiting for you. I missed my chance to tell you something very simple: I love you. It may be too late now, but I wanted you to know.”
Missed chances. She had learned very early on what that meant. “I love you”, though, were three words she had often heard during her twenty-two years, and it seemed to her that they were now completely devoid of meaning, because they had never turned into anything serious or deep, never translated into a lasting relationship.
Maria thanked him for his words, noted them in her memory (one never knows what life may have in store for us, and it's always good to know where the emergency exit is), gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek and left without so much as a backward glance.
Paulo Coelho - Eleven Minutes